Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving & retreat photos

First off, Happy Thanksgiving for all the Americans in my life.

Also, I thought I'd post some pictures from my quilt retreat. Yes.  The one back in May. 



This is where I was set up.It looks like a big mess, but I'm sewing together a king sized quilt top.  I haven't decided yet if it'll become a duvet cover or a quilt.  I have the batting and some backing for it, but that's a LOT of quilting for someone to do. and my little machine won't handle that.


Here's the setup in the communit centre.  It was a great big space and everyone had so much room to work.  I can't wait to go again next year!  (already signed up and paid)

This was one of my favorite quilts.  She was laying it out on the last day and it looks so great.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to ask her for any information about the pattern because I'd love to make one like it.  Maybe I have to just suck it up and figure something out on my own.


I believe one of the quilt guilds in town made this quilt for the town's centenial celebration in 2009. 


I'm starting to love black and white quilts with a single colour.  So pretty.

We had quilts hung everywhere and such a great range of patterns and colour.


And such beautiful traditional quilts


And some stunning modern ones


And thankfully room for me to lay out the quilt I was working on.  I'm so happy with how this one turned out.  I think I'm going to have to go ahead and finish it up asap.

This was my first quilt retreat ever.  If you've never been to one, I suggest going.  This one was an entire weekend long.  We started Friday and quit Sunday around noon.  I got SO much done.  I finished up everything I had to work on and was helping Mom work on a purse she was making for my niece on Sunday morning.  I gained so much in the way of tips, encouragement, laughter and new quilting friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment