Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday

So I'm a little late getting started this year, but I do have some WIPs to share.   I'll be linking this on WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

Ok.  One WIP.

I'm taking these strip sets


And turning them into these for a rail fence baby quilt.


If you've read my blog much, you know i usually work with much brighter colours than this, but I picked up a jelly roll when I was in Vegas.  I'm so jealous of you folks with any LQS that offers a good selection of precuts.  It seems that there are many many bali pops around here, but that's about it.

Additionally, I'm doing some reading for inspiration:
I want to make a sampler quilt and I'm trying to figure out what, exactly it'll consist of in the end.


Also, I need to find a better way to take pictures than with my cell phone!  Maybe I should just find my real camera.

Additionally, between Christmas and New Year's, I made myself a Sony E-Reader cozy.  Mainly it was a test run for the Kobo sleeve I made for my Mother-In-Law.

I have a bit of trimming that I apparently missed, but I made this with a bunch of scraps I had hanging around.  I love the fabric inside, but figured that the yellow would just start looking dingy and dirty on the outside.  It just needs a button for the closure and it's done.





I wish I'd taken a quick picture before sending off the one I made for my mother in law, but I forgot.  I'm not sure if she's going to take to the e-reader or not, but I hoped that giving her something pretty to store it in would make it more attractive to her.

Hers turned out much better (and completely different) because I learned from this one that I don't completely know what I'm doing.  It looks good, but I got it all sewed up and realized I didn't know how to attach the lining to the exterior.  I just had a complete brain fart and in the end, I was slightly rushed (had to be made that day) so I found a tutorial from moda bake shop and went with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment