Friday, January 18, 2013

I'm so excited!

I've been hesitant to order fabric online because most of the shops I hear about are in the US and I'm in Canada.  Shipping, customs and length of time for delivery have always been concerns for me (I like instant gratification and I'm extremely lucky to have several shops near me).

This morning, I was flipping through the blogs I follow and I found this:

Kaffe Fassett Shot Cotton giveaway at Pile Of Fabric

First it's important because it's a giveaway.  You should all go and enter now.

Second, it's really cool because you know what?  The giveaway is for an online shop based in Canada. (but the contest is open for anyone so really, go enter!) 

Mad About Patchwork

Shipping anywhere in Canada for orders up to one hundred and fifty dollars ($150) is only $5.95.  Hooray.

Also important to note is she is currently having a sale.  Which means I have to go order some flea market fancy backing for my pinwheel quilt. 

1 comment:

  1. I almost always order from US shops. Their prices and selection are great and yes you pay shipping but considering the much lower fabric cost, it more than balances out. My orders have aways come quickly too, less than 10 days type thing. I live in small town middle of nowhere. And I've only been charged duty on one order, and that order was over $100, which is a rare huge order for me. Whew! Anyhoo, yeah, I live by the US shops :-)

    ReplyDelete