Friday, April 19, 2013

I am a bad bad bad blogger

I have to apologize here.  I've been meaning to post.  I really have been. I've also been meaning to quilt. And go to the gym, but that isn't why you're here, right?

Last weekend I actually finished my plus quilt top.



I don't have pictures of the actual finished quilt top yet.

It's partly because I'm too busy.  Tuesday afternoon, I had a job interview downtown after work.  By the time I got home, my husband and I had time to run my car to the shop for a service, have dinner and go to bed.  Wednesday I was at a training session (downtown again) and had to drop laptops off at one of our offices before going home, having dinner and going to bed early.  Yesterday I had a dentist appointment after work and the in-laws arrived for the weekend.  And tonight I have my second interview (hooray) with the same company, my inlaws visiting and an implementation to do for work from 10-11pm.  Which is better than the 2am time I had last time.

It's partly because I slept wrong one night and had some serious shoulder/neck pain.

And it's partly because even if it's still daylight out when I get home, it's overcast or snowing or melting and everything is mud.  I really want a good picture of this quilt top.

But I'll tell you about it.

The original pattern is from Fons and Porter's Easy Quilts (Fall 2012).


That was the ultimate destination.  It used a jelly roll and white yardage.  I had a bali pop (watermelon) and really wanted to use it and I thought this was perfect, but I couldn't find a white batik that I liked with the watermelon.  I tried grey.  I tried cream.  Everything I tried looked wrong except a rich blue and a green.  I decided to go with the blue.



I added blocks to use up more of the jelly roll

Then decided I'd rather set it on point for a lattice effect.  And it looks great

You know what?  I think I'll just make sure I get some good pictures of it this weekend.

In other news, I recently asked a friend what color she'd like for a quilt.  Her answer?  Anything but blue - she hates blue.  At first I thought that would be easy.  I don't use a lot of blue, right?

I'm wrong.  Every quilt that I currently have on the go either has a bit of blue in it or is mainly blue.  I have a stack of Pure by Sweetwater - in blue.  I have the quilt above which is solidly blue.  I had a stack of fabric for a churn dash quilt - in brown, tan, blue and green.  Two of my last 3 quilt finishes - blue.  Three out of my five finished quilt tops waiting to be quilted?  Blue.

I think this means I get to buy fabric!



No comments:

Post a Comment