Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I think it's officially winter

Sure, it's mid-November and it should be more than clear that it's winter, right?  Not so much.  We've had a surprisingly mild fall given the beastly (cold/rainy) summer we had.  It's November 16th, and this is just our second snowfall.  Granted, I thought the first would last much longer.  Maybe I'm premature in saying this one will, but it certainly looks like winter out there.  Feels like it too with the ridiculous wind chill (-19C with windchill?  Really?  Ew).

I have my company Christmas party coming up this weekend and I haven't got a thing to wear.  No, really.  I haven't attended a Christmas party in years.  I thought the party was next weekend.  So, I have 4 days to buy a dress.  And my parents will be in town tomorrow so I won't have a lot of shopping time.  Yeesh.

And, finally, it's dark all the time.  I mean, not all the time like it is further north, but for as much as I see the sun, it might as well be dark all the time. I go to work in the dark.  I go home in the dark.  Which doesn't do well for picture taking.  So, the quilt that I finished yesterday is waiting for it's closeup and I'm trying to figure out how I'll get the best (or any) light for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment