Wednesday, November 17, 2010

STASH!

A couple of weeks ago, Mr Moose and I went out to Banff for our anniversary.  On the way, we stopped in Canmore - mostly so I could go to the Sugar Pine Company quilt store.  It's a fantastic little store that's been featured in Quilt Sampler.

I wandered through their 8000 bolts of fabric.  I'm pretty sure I was drooling.  I came away with only two fat quarter bundles.  Why?  Because I forgot how much light batik I needed for a quilt I want to make.  So, this is what I came home with:










The red and yellow, I don't have a home for yet.  I'm considering some kind of half square triangle quilt.

The black and white is going to go in a rail fence quilt with some red.  Or maybe with yellow.  I haven't completely decided yet.

In addition, I'm planning to make some gifts for Christmas.  For my nieces and nephews, I'm going to make them pillow cases.  I figure this'll go over really well with my brother's kids.  My husband's sister's kids though?  That worries me a bit.  Their grandmother thought they'd love it so I'm taking her word on it.

For my brother's kids:





His daughter LOVES strawberry shortcake and pink.  So that was easy to pick out.  Her twin, the youngest boy is harder to figure out, so he's getting Bob the Builder in blues.  And their oldest boy is the easiest.  John Deere makes him a happy camper.

Each pillow will be appliqued on the end with their name in a contrasting colour.

For my husbands nephews and niece, we chose the following




The younger boy and girl love animals so for the girl, I've got the pink and the light blue at the top.  For the boy, the two on the bottom - blue fire hydrants and a great text print.  For the older boy who plays soccer, a couple of soccer prints.  He's 11 so I'm not sure if I'll be appliqueing his name on his pillow or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment