Thursday, November 18, 2010

Things to do and a quilting weekend.

This weekend my Mom is visiting.  Our plan is to do some (or lots of) sewing and quilting.  Taking a break at work, I made a short list of quilts that I'm working on or have fabric and plans for.
1.  First priority?  Deal with the fabric from Grandma.  I know Mom wants to help me with this so I suppose that should be the first plan.  Remember this fabric (ohhhhh, the ugly!)
I think I'm going to replace the yellow with a white that I have no plans to use, but I'll see what Mom has to say.  The yellow was hers to start with anyway.  Destination:  Flying Geese Quilt.  Eep.

2.  Finish hand quilting my class sampler quilt.  It's been waiting for years and I've quilted a single block.  Have a look:
There's the block I have quilted.  I'm really fond of the double hourglass.  The rest of the quilt?  Looks like this:
Oddly, and without any planning at all - those are the colours we'll eventually use in the bedroom.  Colour me happily surprised.  But this isn't really a mini-quilt retreat weekend project.  It's better accomplished sitting down stitching while I watch TV (ok, so during Big Bang Theory tonight...)

Beyond that I can only repost pictures I've already posted:
1.  Scrappy nine-patch - needs ONE border, layering, basting, quilting and binding.
2.  Dandelion Wishes - needs applique, border, etc
3.  Batik quilt - I have several batik fat quarters.  I've picked a pattern for them. I don't have pictures of this fabric.
4.  Red, yellow and green half square triangle quilt.  The red and yellow fat quarters I bought not long ago are going to be put into a HST quilt with some dark green I have.  The result will probably be very Christmassy.
5.  Black & white rail fence - the black and white fat quarters from yesterday are going into a rail fence block with touches of red.
6.  Make pillow cases for the kids for Christmas.  I suppose that moves the priority on this up.  A lot.

So there's my list.  I hope to update on the weekend a time or two.   We'll see what I get accomplished by Monday, hopefully my to-do list will be much shorter!

No comments:

Post a Comment