Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 2 of Operation Finish Stuff

And I slept in.  I'm just getting up and it's 11:30.  On what planet does sleeping until noon = getting stuff done?  Ditto going to the Women's Show yesterday.  I had a fantastic time yesterday though and bought a mani/pedi for $49. Yay for manicures and pedicures.

Anyway, back to Operation: Finish Stuff (so I can buy more fabric).  I've learned a couple of lessons on this.
  • Make sure you know where everything is BEFORE the night you plan to start.  I've wasted a lot of time trying to find stuff and in the interest of just getting going, I stopped looing for my rotary cutter completely.  Luckily, I haven't needed it, yet.
  • Be strong.  Murphy's law, someone is ALWAYS going to call and ask if you want to do something.  Every.  Single.  Time.  
  • No, you can't go for breakfast with friends and then the women's show and still get home before noon.  I don't care if it starts at nine.  It isn't happening.
  • I can't be hypnotized on a stage while sitting beside a hot fireman.
  • I'm not a morning person when given a choice so I can't expect to be up and at 'em bright and early to work on unfinished stuff.
  • Borders take a long time to do right on a queen sized quilt.
The good news is that so far I have sewn Dandelion Wishes up.  I've sewn up the psychedelic quilt without sashing and it doesn't look that bad.  I have two borders done on my scrappy nine-patch and it looks great.

Up for today:
  • Get that third border on the scrappy nine patch.
  • go buy a new rotary cutter.  This means that when I find my other one, I'll have two here for when Mom comes to quilt and a cutter to take to retreats.
  • Buy fabric for strawberry pillows - even better if I can find Strawberry Shortcake fabric for my niece.
  • Buy backing fabric and batting for three quilts
  • Put together my cat appliques and either find their instructions or fake it and finish them (I forgot they were at the bottom of my quilting bin)
  • Finish cutting the fabric from grandma
  • Take pictures of everything I accomplished
Aaaaand finally (or likely first)
  • GET OUT OF MY PAJAMAS
This has been a fun weekend and I even found an idea for a new quilt!  I'll probably also buy the fabric for it at the same time as I buy my other fabric.

And now because I like picture posts, the furry Mooses (aka, our pets)
Why, yes, she is eating that grass.  And yes, it IS fake grass that we bought thinking that would stop the cats from trying to eat it...

1 comment:

  1. I spy your newly painted bathroom! I want to see more please! :)

    ReplyDelete