Anyway, back to Operation: Finish Stuff (so I can buy more fabric). I've learned a couple of lessons on this.
- Make sure you know where everything is BEFORE the night you plan to start. I've wasted a lot of time trying to find stuff and in the interest of just getting going, I stopped looing for my rotary cutter completely. Luckily, I haven't needed it, yet.
- Be strong. Murphy's law, someone is ALWAYS going to call and ask if you want to do something. Every. Single. Time.
- No, you can't go for breakfast with friends and then the women's show and still get home before noon. I don't care if it starts at nine. It isn't happening.
- I can't be hypnotized on a stage while sitting beside a hot fireman.
- I'm not a morning person when given a choice so I can't expect to be up and at 'em bright and early to work on unfinished stuff.
- Borders take a long time to do right on a queen sized quilt.
Up for today:
- Get that third border on the scrappy nine patch.
- go buy a new rotary cutter. This means that when I find my other one, I'll have two here for when Mom comes to quilt and a cutter to take to retreats.
- Buy fabric for strawberry pillows - even better if I can find Strawberry Shortcake fabric for my niece.
- Buy backing fabric and batting for three quilts
- Put together my cat appliques and either find their instructions or fake it and finish them (I forgot they were at the bottom of my quilting bin)
- Finish cutting the fabric from grandma
- Take pictures of everything I accomplished
- GET OUT OF MY PAJAMAS
And now because I like picture posts, the furry Mooses (aka, our pets)